Call me scrooge

Bollocxks she waqs. we had a romanian for 5 years. Shes gone now.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Are you perhaps confusing the words 'indigent' and 'indigenous', O Cambridge Graduate?

Reply to
jkn

Gross is usually more than that in retail these days.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

IME genuinely incomeless beggars are a very small minority. Most are getting benefits & want more money for drugs.

Funny thing: when shops heavily mark down food to clear it, where are the homeless? Nowhere to be seen. Why is that?

Other funny thing: why is it that when they buy food, they are very wasteful in their purchase choices?

Reply to
tabbypurr

Any of the lotteries and the figure is usually less than 30%. Anything that requires a DD then perhaps nothing goes to the charity in the first year as the commission is taken up front.

I see the British Legion/Poppy Appeal has dropped its fund raising partner due to very suspect selling techniques.

If you sign up to one of these TV advertised charity donation schemes your name will be sold on to the "I'm a mug" mailing lists and you will be bombarded with begging letters where the cost of sending is likely to far exceed your ongoing donation(s).

Reply to
alan_m

Its not how a charity spends the money it gets but how much of the money given to a fund raising third party is actually handed over to the charity.

Reply to
alan_m

Not especially,. She wasnt poor either. None of thew big issues sellers are.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

None of the really indigent ever go hungry. Those that are incapable of going where there is free food are free to put their hands out to the govt for benefits.

Corse not when they choose to live off the taxpayer when they are capable of working instead.

That?s a bit different in the sense that she is claimed to attract some tourists and the money they spend etc.

Sure, but that just means its not easy to ensure that fraud isnt possible.

Reply to
Swer

Don't believe that given that anyone who needs money to eat can get that from the govt.

Reply to
Swer

Or the "Fair Trade" con.

Reply to
harry

Big Issue seller only do it to get a SS number so that they can claim benefits.

Reply to
harry

Food Banks are another fiddle.

Reply to
harry

alan_m explained on 24/07/2019 :

Exactly, which is where the chugging companies come in and make their vaste profits - a good reason not to give to chuggers at the door or on the streets.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It happens that Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated :

I do likewise, but slightly more politely.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

harry has brought this to us :

How does that work? All I have heard, is that they get a percentage of each mag they sell. I know that girl must spend many hours stood there, but I have never seen her actually make a sale. I have never even seen what the mag contains.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

harry laid this down on his screen :

No point in making wild statements, without explaining why you think that?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

junk articles.

Reply to
tabbypurr

alan_m submitted this idea :

We are also being bombarded by ads for commemorative coins. They seems to struggle to find reasons to produce these coins and all sound as if they might be from official sources.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Presumably the vendor also gets unemployment benefit (ESA) and money from the magazine sales top that up.

Reply to
Pamela

If they are here legally...

Reply to