Calaor Gas Combi Boiler

At the Scout hut we have a combi boiler to provide heating and hot water which is supplied with calor. It regularly locks out and hence the cubs, etc. arrive to find no heat. Any suggestions about what we can do to prevent the problem?

Reply to
John

|At the Scout hut we have a combi boiler to provide heating and hot water |which is supplied with calor. |It regularly locks out and hence the cubs, etc. arrive to find no heat. |Any suggestions about what we can do to prevent the problem?

How do you get heat back?

I have a similar problem which is caused by people messing with the controls.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Get someone in to find out why it locks out

Reply to
John

Teach the cubs how to rub sticks together and make fire?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Start rubbing some sticks together. HTH.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The red LED lights to indicate lockout - you press the flame out/reignite button and i then fires up. It is not every time but it seems to be when it has been off and then the time switch cuts in.

Reply to
John

|In article , Dave Fawthrop | writes |>On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:14:04 +0000, John wrote: |>

|>|At the Scout hut we have a combi boiler to provide heating and hot water |>|which is supplied with calor. |>|It regularly locks out and hence the cubs, etc. arrive to find no heat. |>|Any suggestions about what we can do to prevent the problem? |>

|>How do you get heat back? |>

|>I have a similar problem which is caused by people messing with the |>controls. |The red LED lights to indicate lockout - you press the flame |out/reignite button and i then fires up. It is not every time but it |seems to be when it has been off and then the time switch cuts in.

That is usually a problem with the Flame Failure thermocouple/system. Replace the thermocouple if possible, they are cheap and usually easy to fit. They usually have a life of only a few years. If that does not solve the problem, turn up the control on the pilot light a little, and make sure that it plays directly on the thermocouple.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

When I was a Scout I found that rubbing two Girl Guides together produced a fire more quickly than the sticks method :)

Reply to
Ziggur