Buzzing Honeywell V4073A Valve

Hi,

My central heating system is working OK but I have an annoying proble with the above valve. Sometimes when the central heating / hot water has turned off th valve will buzz. If I switch the electrical power off then on from i for a few seconds it stops!

Is there a fault with it and if so could I just change the actuator o do I need to change the entire valve?

Thank

-- waltfen

Reply to
waltfen

Could be low voltage. When you switch off and on again you could produce a small surge that shocks it into position.

Reply to
Merryterry

Some solenoid valves have a detachable coil. This so that same valve body can be used with coils for different voltages. These coils were held in place by a strong spring, but some would still buzz. I then removed the coil, applied some transistor heat sink compound or a high temperature (wheel bearing) lubricant on what that coil would slide down on, and reassembled the valve. That high temperature cream would dampen vibrations - no more noise.

The problem would be > Hi,

Reply to
w_tom