Bunnings opening hardware store in UK

Do not shop there! They are shite!
snipped-for-privacy@topmail.co.nz wrote:

They've taken over the Homebase chain, who were already shite, the first re-branded store is due to open next month.
So far all they seem to have done is crammed the aisles with low-grade stuff, basically they're still not on my list of places to go for DIY stuff.

Assuming they can get the IT done in time. HRG outsourced everything to Toshiba shortly before selling out to Bunnings, and most of the IT staff said "Fuck that noise" and left, so there are very few left who know how anything works.
(A friend has been hired back at 3 times his previous salary to help sort out the mess.)
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 26th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.

Not sure I'd describe the old Homebase as 'shite'. Maybe not the best value for everything, of course.
--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Recently, cushions and dried flowers had displaced so much of the tools and materials, their in-store saws for cutting wood disappeared years ago.
I did notice the one here now has a "free wood" bin near the exit, which sounded like a good idea, as a schoolboy I remember going and paying pennies for offcuts from the timber shop ... but when I looked in it all there was, was damaged laminate flooring :-(
Never heard of them, sound like a well baked lot. Brian
--
----- -
On 26/01/17 17:21, Brian Gaff wrote:

Rabbits :)
--
Adrian C

I shop there all the time and they are fine.
On 26/01/2017 19:02, Rod Speed wrote:

But that's in Australia where they originate. I don't know whether they're the same in the UK.
--
Cheers,
Roger

He is too.

They do appear to be from the reports.
snipped-for-privacy@topmail.co.nz wrote:

Hope they go broke, In AUS when they took over my hardware chain, they cancelled every acc. that did not spend more than a set figure each month so I have not bought anything in there since
Not going to happen.

More fool you. They are better than the other chains.
And better than the independents too.

Did Homebase even offer accounts?
--
*INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You could probably have used an Argos card or business account there, before they sold them.