Building Regulatiosn Part P

F**k me...

thou doth not jest.

We're doomed - We're doomed - We're doomed - We're doomed - We're doomed -

Time to leave the country...

Timbo

Reply to
Tim S

Michael Heseltine c.1979 may have made wonderful speeches about jobs locked up in planners filing cabinets and making a bonfire of controls but all they did was increase planning controls. Listen to the media now and you'll hear Conservative spokesmen saying that it is outrageous that HMG are prepared to allow the thousands of new houses to be built in the South East. You won't hear them saying that it is outrageous that HMG was ever given the power to determine this and once they come to power market forces will be the sole determinant of what houses are built and where.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

If you're having them put in, your installer can probably self-certify them. If you're putting them in, you need building control approval.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Error 404. the correct URL is

apparantly, thou doth not jest.

Reply to
Parish

Hmm. Some bureaucrat somewhere is living 20 years in the past. The ADSL Forum always intended that all broadband access around the house was to be by wireless links. Early ADSL modems used Ethernet or other links only because wireless wasn't ready then.

Reply to
G&M

And none of these people, particularly bureaucrats should mandate specific technologies, anyway. By the time the standard/legislation/whatever is published, it'll all be out of date.

Reply to
Huge

On 11 Feb 2004 01:23:29 -0800, a particular chimpanzee named snipped-for-privacy@bluerose.freeserve.co.uk (Dean) randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Can't see how. If we're talking about Building Regulations application charges, then none of it goes to the Treasury (except

17.5% of it as VAT), it stays with the Local Authority.

Most domestic work doesn't make a profit for the Council, and if replacement windows are anything to go by, the charge levied where a B/Regs application is submitted will be a nominal one. It's most likely that the vast majority of any controllable electrical work will be self-certified, which means administration costs by the Council for no fee.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula