Building land for sale - advice wanted

Hi, I'm renewing planning permission for 24-28 houses. It is a brown field site on the edge of a coastal town near the Lake District National Park. What are the rough guidelines for putting a valuation on it? I'm looking for a good, North based land agent to sell it. Any recommendations? Any guidelines for picking one? Thank s for your help. Jim M

Reply to
jwwmitchell

Get a series of good estate agents, and see what they say.

Also, make a sliding scale of commission, so there is extreme incentive to get top dollar.

I'm

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

30-40% of the value of the final completed house(s).

tim

Reply to
tim (not at home)

Total selling price of houses - (building costs + professional fees + utilities + interest charges + required profit + contingency and no doubt a few other things too)

IOW a residual valuation

Reply to
Tony Bryer