Building Curved steps

I want to build some curved steps in the garden on a slope which is currently just a flower bed. What are the best ways to construct this. The steps will be quite wide (3-4m wide) with a tread of approx 1m and there will be approx 3-4 steps. I plan to cut paving stone to use on the surface, I just need to know the correct way to construct the base. I was thinking of using plywood formers (to create the curve) and concrete fill but is this overkill?

Reply to
pls

That's the way to do it IMHO if you want it to last. Chuck in some rebar as well. Pretend the vase the M-i-L gave you is a time capsule and bury that under the concrete.

You can get semi-rigid plastic sheet for making formwork in earth, which may be easier than cutting ply.

Wobbly steps are dangerous.

Owain

Reply to
Owain