BSI - backwards and a total rippoff

Life's a bitch, I suppose.

Perhaps there's a clue in who pays to prepare the intellectual property in the first place.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Class 1 when enclosed then, no safety issue at all!

I have an issue with the police, they want BS PAS 24 doors and frames fitted to my home. Now this standard is a product of the ACPO and the police scientific service from what I gather, they through the soldsecure (ltd) scheme get income for the ACPO (a private limited company)....Who pushes this requirement, the local CRO (crime reduction officer), something stinks here IMHO. BS PAS 24 is limited to a very specific type of door/frame type, so as they don't do doors to that standard that will fit I then get hit with another ACPO "requirement"...

BS, standard operational B S if you ask me!

Reply to
Badger

But then the approved document for part B (fire safety) largely refers to BSs for guidance which I suspect aren't cheap. Don't know if any other sections are similar.

Reply to
John Armstrong

I thought ACPO was a trade union for chief constables and the like.

Reply to
Frank Erskine