Broadband for all - not political

Would changing her supplier make a difference? I too live in an awkward spot; having consulted their respective coverage maps, I changed from O2 to EE, and don't have a problem these days.

John

Reply to
Another John

But you still would have elsewhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah. Remoaners?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No chance of that ever getting through parliament.

That?s not nationalising them.

Still has to get through parliament. Not going to happen.

Reply to
Ray

That is true for many of us. But, online experiences are going to be simple keyboard and monitor terminals and all things will exist in the cloud.

You will sign up to a virtual 'Desktop' run by companies that promise you the best experiences.

However, speeds are about to go over the top with the new graphene CPU's that can be multi-layered cos of low heat manufacturing. Because data transfer is almost instantaneous and low energy, heat is less of a problem. Clock speeds will escalate.

Eye masks will be a one piece clear crystal with on-edge tech. I.E. signals are directed to the edge of the thin lens/mask. They will be made of a structured crystal that can have faces created at any point within the block using subsurface laser etching.

With laser, great resolutions are capable allowing for many faces of different planes within a very small area undetectable by eye. Both surfaces of the lens can be both a camera and a display simultaneously, creating 'Mixed Reality'. Being faster than your eye responses, future tech will learn your auto-responses and will create content ahead of you.

Faster speeds will also bring people into real time sharing where huge quantities of data are transferring between many hundreds of people.

Anyone that watched Guy Martin do the tractor speed record would have seen the Williams 3D imaging headsets and virtual 3D model of the tractor. Well, that seemed privative from what I have seen to be promising both in software and hardware sectors.

Gamers such as race drivers, who earn many thousands of pounds on-line, will welcome lag free drives. Immersion detail is becoming big demand. Besides visuals, and smaller 3D detail, are the external affects of night and day and weather.

The weather is based on historic data for that area. Once a weather data set is selected by the server, teams can access previous days data up to the present time. Race teams have 'live' weather monitors throughout the race. The weather data is for a huge area around the real world race track and includes all the data that weather includes. As such teams can track changes in air movement over miles and days, or, at track and car levels.

In the future of greater, faster search engines, a person can be picked out for their talent and skills. It happens already. But, I like the idea that a airport controller is one that has been seen to stay alert for 14 hours a day on their PC without a mishap. Or the joy of hearing there is a 12 year old kid on-board who can fly the pilot-less Jumbo jet I'm in.

You are familiar with the pattern, direction; instant everything for as little effort and cost as possible. Toward a spiritual existence.

I look forward to the mixed reality lens. I'll never have any ugly neighbours.

These works are under way.

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12

A good idea but not always practical. What happens when the shareholders want more profit or there is no profit ? Why should say CompanyA employees get a share of profits if CompanyA are also destroying various things in the enviroment.

Should these shares be conted as part of their salery ? Will the employees be able to sell their shares ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

If there's no profit it can't be shared. But then plenty companies use creative accounting to show them not making a profit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Then those employees can participate in existing employee share purchase schemes, but the main beneficiary will be the treasury when those 'free' shares are immediately sold and Labours new swinging CGT rules and Financial Transaction taxes cream off a chunk of the value (assuming anyone wants to buy to those shares because after McDonnells Corporation TAx Grab, less will be available for dividends, which will crash the companies share price).

Should 10% of everyones house value be 'given' to the rentier classes too ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Whereas back in the 1970's the nationalised rust-belt industries were losing billions of pounds a year, but baled out by the taxpayer. No creative accounting needed for them.

Anyone remember what a basket case British Airways was before it was privatised ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Usually pensioners in rural locations, who probably voted for Brexit if the stats are anything to go by.

Reply to
Andrew

No. if they moan about the statis quo being altered, they are not brexiteers.

Brexiteers embrace change. Remoaners are scared of it

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or simply waiting to be convinced. Lots of criticism of the EU but few or no reasons why leaving will make us better off.

A country run by the present crop of conservatives doesn't appeal much either.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I think you have been given 20 good reasons. You simply have not listened. Scared of change

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

The issue of 10% extra shares which I think is what is proposed is still in effect expropriation from existing share holders who may be pension funds or may be individuals. No doubt lawyers will be looking at ECHR.

Only part of any dividend will got to the employees, the major part being grabbed by the state. Dividend payments are ex tax, i.e. corporation tax is calculated on profit before dividends so it is a double grab by the state.

ICI used to issue bonus shares to workers - most of whom promptly went to the nearest accountant and sold them.

There was once a scheme for profit related pay, but I can't remember which government introduced it but it was so complicated and restrictive it never seemed to get off the ground.

As for re-nationalisation plans this is contrary to EU law and so can't be done as long as we are in the EU.

McDonnell has already said the price to pay would be determined by parliament not by market value but no-one has challenged him as to how that would work in practice. I have seen it suggested that this might be based on price originally paid for at privatisation less dividends received. They are actually going to pay for it by effectively printing money in the form of (unspecified term) government bonds of unspecified interest rate but currently 1% thus kicking the payment can way down the road until the bonds mature. Again no doubt their are lawyers working on this and if we are still in the EU the ECJ will ultimately decide if it is legal and of course many EU government owned utilities have an interest in the target companies.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

The SMEs who make up the bulk of the UK economy are only to pleased to show a profit otherwise they get no credit from their suppliers nor from their bank. You have the typical left wing fantasy of what is involved in the business world. Accountants do not get involved as they know that one slip and HMRC will be down on them like the proverbial ton of bricks and will go through all their clients books not just the suspect ones thus destroying their reputation at a stroke.

International companies can and do move profit by internal cross charging but don't forget that UK companies also do that bringing their profits back to the UK.

When capital transfers were restricted by previous Labour governments companies like Phillips got round it by transferring finished goods internally at favourable rates.

Reply to
bert

typical brexiteer, can't accept that others think brexiteer's ideas are cr@p not good.

Reply to
invalid

Not necessarily when applies to the whole of Britain.

Reply to
Ray

Perhaps you could kindly remind me?

Perhaps again.

Bert points to something upthread regarding the difficulty of re-nationalisation while we remain in the EU. You are pushing for change which might allow a future Labour government to return us to pre-Thatcher state control.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Reply to
Richard

Think what you actually mean is you want to change back to the good ol' days when the UK was a major manufacturing country. Goof luck with that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)