British Restaurants

Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's but I'm not sure....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

In message <qcvme1$tni$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Jim GM4DHJ ... snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com writes

Pictures taken during war, or restaurants which existed during the war? Internal or external views? Which war? WWII?

Reply to
Graeme

external ww2 thanks or what remained after the war ....got an external one of a British restaurants in Argyle st Glasgow after ww2

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jim GM4DHJ ... was thinking very hard :

Some here..

and here -

Harry Bloomfield

I found the following Facebook groups that might be of interest: Glasgow Historical Society Dear Auld Glasgow Toon Memories of Old Glasgow Glasgow Memories Lost Glasgow group

Reply to
Dave W

Dear Auld Glasgee Toon

Fixed it for you.

Reply to
Chris

Dear Auld Glesga Toon.

Fixed it for you.

Reply to
S Viemeister

ta the noo

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

The National Milk Bar in Machynlleth only closed in the last ten years or so, but I haven't got a picture.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

seen that one...there were a few in Wales.....my fav milk bar was on Bute at Rothesay......loved it in the 60's......but I have a fascination with British Restaurants......probably because of the one in Glasgow......wonder when they closed down after WW2? ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Aberystwyth was the last-but-one to close in 2010

ffotos yma

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Shame the Brexit party didn't pay a visit to that town, they'd have done a roaring trade. :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Fascinating. Some of the other shops in the pics have closed too, now. Plenty of charity shops though.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Might be some here:

John Rumm

Try:

You might be able to refine the search terms but even in that there are some from WWII.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google