Bottom posting

Ok, I know its netequette to bottom post on ngs, but please, edit the post so that it doesnt repeat everyones previous post.

Scroll scroll scroll really does me in , just to read a 1 line reply.

Or is there some better way to read the posts?

Gravity has an option to only display a certain number of quoted lines, which can help. You can set how much your mouse wheel scrolls with each click. PgDn can be useful. But in a better world people would quote selectively, repeating only those lines needed to lend context to their response.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Ctl END takes you to the bottom

Reply to
IMM

Is that why you never trim? Including setting your system to remove sigs?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which reader . We don't all subscribe to MS.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

But the OP does, and that is who IMM was directing his comment to !...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

"to@d" wrote in news:4168711f$0$15112$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com:

No, it's just a matter of sensible snipping; leave in what's relevant and cut the rest.

TBH, I've found that in a newsgroup with such concentrated expertise experience and wisdom on such a wide sread of knowledge it can be hard to find anything to snip.

mike

Reply to
mike ring

To be pedantic, it would not hurt to have said ' in IE you do....'

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

To be even more pedantic, one could mention the right piece of software as well, i.e. "OE"

Reply to
G&M

Who cares? They're all shit.

Reply to
Huge

Rather a sweeping generalisation.

Reply to
G&M

Actually that depends on the ng. The preference here is for bottom post but several others I read are top post.

Reply to
G&M

And therefore a waste of good electrons.

Reply to
Huge

Yes, top post it as in any normal email or filing system.

90% of all news readers are OE. Even new > Ok, I know its netequette to bottom post on ngs, but please, edit the post
Reply to
Capitol

Err, no. All Microsoft software is shit. I'm quite happy to go into details if you wish, but I suspect that would bore most other readers of this newsgroup.

Reply to
Huge

see what I mean about not cutting the rubbish above. just so busy squabbling like kids , I give up, cut dont cut I dont care that much, i just wont bother reading past page 1.

This hasn't been cut purposly to show what I mean.

uncut post

toad

I havnt included any sigs, as it seems to upset some.

scrolled down enough now

What the hell is page 1 ???

Reply to
Grunff

Okay. A specific generalisation, usually made by those with some bee in their bonnet about MS and unable to remember how bad things were before their dominance and how file swapping between applications was almost impossible. Do you really want to be in a world infested with Apples or Linux boxes where you have to try umpteen times to import data from outside. Now those machines are shit !

Now if you want a real OS, use Solaris. But don't moan at the cost.

Reply to
G&M

And liable to not get a reply

Reply to
raden

You'd be expected to read and probably remember e-mail - it comes to you personally. Not so with newsgroups. You might well be reading hundreds of different threads - and not from the start either. Hence the need for a

*short* summary.

Just because one format has achieved dominance has nothing to do with how good it is. Plenty of other examples of this around. It's called clever marketing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)