Bosch cordless drills/drivers

Yup, I have a 10.8v Bosch impact driver and wouldn't be with out it now. I use it all the time. Not just for big screws, but for most of my screwdriving probably

Reply to
Chris French

Had thought about that. Unfortunately it is the NiCd one; and as long as third party spares are readily available, and the drill is working well and totally reliable, I'm reluctant to change systems. As I think I said earlier, I did actually buy a pair of the new 10 volt Makita tools to try, but one of my offspring filched it.

Reply to
newshound

You can get IDs that use the NiCd and NiMh batteries in 12, 14.4 and 18V:

(although they have gone up in price compared to the LiIon ones now)

Reply to
John Rumm

#_=p

Those are pricey! I can get the 6935fdz for 70 EURO (~£50) delivered and including VAT in Germany.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Adrian

That just about meets my impulse buy price, so have ordered one. Thanks guys for all the really helpful advice. Guess I am stuck now with 14.4 volt Makita for a while!

Reply to
newshound

Yes. Now I just need some sort of excuse to buy one ...

Reply to
Martin Bonner

I bought the 18V version some years back to compliment my combi drill - been very pleased and have had excellent performance from it.

When eventually the batteries from my original set wore out, I though long and hard about whether it was worth going to new LiIon kit, and in the end decided that the setup I had worked so well it was worth splashing out £150 for another set of three 2.8Ah batts for them.

Let us know what you think of it once you have had a chance to try it.

Reply to
John Rumm