boiler replacement.

I am considering having my boiler replaced. It is quite old and has been causing a few problems.

The current boiler is an open flued boiler with the flue going up into the attic space of our flat and out through the roof. There is NO possibility of the boiler being re-sited against an external wall.

Can anyone recommend a boiler type and model maybe and guesstimate how much it would cost to replace. We will be in the flat for at least another 3 years so it would have to be decent quality but not hugely expensive.

TIA

Gerry

Reply to
Cuprager

Gas or oil?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Apologies for the now obvious oversight! It is a gas boiler.

Reply to
Cuprager

I have just read the below thread - replacing and relocating boiler - the poster mentions moving the boiler into the attic. Would this be an advisable option? It would make more space for me, but it would also mean that it was more inaccessible... Hmm.

Reply to
Cuprager

It is an excellent place for a boiler. However, the loft has to have certain facilities relating to boarding, lighting and access for it to be allowed. It is also best that the loft is insulated below the rafters (including ventilation above) and draughtproofed. Otherwise, you may have trouble with freezing in winter.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Would anyone care to guesstimate a cost for this work?

Reply to
Cuprager