Boiler manual - Glow worm Space Saver mk2

Does anyone happen to have a manual for one of these to hand please ?

(I don't know which specific model it is from the range atm)

I'm just trying to work out what's making it run so noisily - the rads are bled, but even with them off it sounds like it's pumping a huge amount of air around the system (gurgling like a b*stard to be more precise)

I've just tried to lower the temp at the boiler end in case it was kettling causing it (don't normally notice if it is, as it's in a garage)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Not for the Space saver, but I have one for Glow-worm Hideaway if that's any use to you? Don

Reply to
Donwill

...possibly - Ed or the other chap who repairs PCBs might have one to hand, but I might get back to you...

Thanks for the reply :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Email or ring up Glowworm. They sent me a copy for mine PDQ.

Reply to
<me9

OK thanks for that - for some reason I thought they'd gone out of business !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Just a small update, it's the Spacesaver Mk2 50BR model

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Completely different animal

Reply to
geoff

In message , Colin Wilson writes

Just hiding behind a hyphen

geoff

In message , Colin Wilson writes

The bloke who repairs PCBS ?

You mean the one who pays other people to repair them for him ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , Colin Wilson writes

I prolly have one, but I doubt it will be of much use for what you're describing

If you have a leak somewhere that's letting air in, it could be anywhere in the system not necessarily in the boiler

You might find that your auto bleed valve isn't working properly, it will be somewhere at the top of the boiler and is usually gold in colour and circular with a screw top an inch and a half in diameter and two inches tall

Check out the joints in the boiler to see if there is evidence of water leaks especially around the heat exchanger

The only other (continually) moving parts in the boiler are the fan, and the pump if its part of the boiler

Reply to
geoff

He's got enough positive feedback for me to consider him a worthwhile bet !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Reply to
Colin Wilson

It's not a pressurised system either, so could be anywhere :-}

I'll check it out over the next few days...

No sign of leakage internally, and the pump is seperate :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

They didn't list mine but an email (or web form, I can't remember which) got a photocopy PDQ &FOC.

Reply to
<me9

In message , Colin Wilson writes

I still don't repair them myself much any more

Reply to
geoff

If your system is open vented then check the feed & expansion tank (probably in the loft). The float valve may have stuck causing the tank to run dry, a few yanks up and down usually frees it and gets the water running again. Alternatively if the tank is full then check that the cold feed is not blocked where it tees into the system.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Thanks for that - we've already drained and refilled it a few times recently while decorating, and everything seems to work as normal though :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

It certainly seems like an air problem then if it has been drained & refilled several times.

You should be able to vent most of the air through the pump vent screw.

Loosen the screw and run the boiler. Put a container or piece of rag under the pump to catch the drips.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Ahh, I didn't know they had one, i'll have a look tomorrow :-)

(only ever had a combi before this)

Reply to
Colin Wilson