Glow worm space saver 75, cc No. 4131532 Serial: 00066033

Hi! My boiler was cutting out after 1-3 minutes, but pump circulates and rads get warm until then. The pilot was stable with a blue flame and the usual lighting sequence was as normal.

I need a new bundi tube from control valve to pilot. This got broken when an engineer started to check the appliance Where can I get this and/or do I need to buy the whole pilot assembly?

The plumber's view was was that the gas control valve was faulty, but other people suggest that gc valves either work - or don't and don't cut out after time? The guy was unable to continue with testing after cleaning pilot because the tube ruptured. The valve is a Gemseal controls version. Others have suggested that I replace the thermocouple before I do anything else...if i can get a new tube!

I could do with a new burner. Are all these parts available and if so, where from?

Thanks for any help that might be available. I'm too brassic to get a new boiler!

Reply to
Sean

Do you mean the main flame cuts out but the pilot stays lit or does the pilot go out?

Universal pilot tube repair kit for less than a tenner from HRPC in your locality (national chain)

If the pilot us going out then yes its a good start and cheap. A small pilot flame is often connected with this problem so if your guy has cleaned the pilot it may be ok.

The Glow worm burner isn't likely to need repairing for many many years. Most outlive the boiler. Pilot burners are available from HRPC as well.

Reply to
John

Rusty