Boiler being serviced - preparation?

My old (2006?) Baxi 105HE combi boiler is going to be serviced, new guy, next week. I skipped last year's service after some disappointing work from the regular guy.

He has said he will do the following:

"Service includes a full strip down and cleaning of the burner and heat exchanger if required. I will also do a gas safe flue emissions check."

What should I be watching out for and what should I be asking?

Reply to
AnthonyL

Just let him get on with it. He'll either do a good job or not. You've no way of knowing which unless you watch his every move and know all about gas stuff.

Reply to
Max Demian

A 15- year old Baxi 105HE is probably quite a rarity. The previous

105 pre-condensing version wasn't known for its longevity.
Reply to
Andrew

In message snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org>, AnthonyL snipped-for-privacy@please.invalid writes

Look at the manual, available on - line

There's a section on exactly what your man should be doing.

HTH Brian

Reply to
brian

The only possible addon costs are consumables like seals.

Reply to
Fredxx