bloody internet radio

anybody else being asked to "re-do your presets" because of changes in the provider? ...pain in the arse....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Happened here late yesterday afternoon. I did guess that it was due to a change in the source of the on-line stream but didn't know for certain until I saw your post.

As for the last four words of your post, extremely mild in comparison to what management had to say about it last night!

Reply to
Terry Casey

yes I retired for my usual old radio show fix and just a minute and had to re-do the presets........why can't they leave things alone ......

wifiradiofrontier.com

ha ha it broke down ...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

In message snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org>, Terry Casey snipped-for-privacy@example.invalid writes

My listening to internet radio is usually by going direct to the source url of each station on a laptop or tablet. IME, rhe "providers" sometimes provide lower bit rates and poorer quality. Admittedly, I've settled on just a handful of stations that I or someone in the family wants to listen to, usually a couple in the States and one in South Africa. For the UK, I've stuck to FM.

We did get a "proper" internet radio, but haven't been able to use it much owing to domestic circumstances. The provider didn't provide one of the US stations I listened to, anyway.

Reply to
Bill

Happens all the time witch is one reason why I use the Amazon echo dot instead. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So what are you receiving it on? If you use the free services like the free tune in or others its they who have to sort it all out. Of course if its a minority station you could wait months, but I do notice a lot of the broadcasters are getting together and hosting links. I guess this means they can send adverts. This stream is sponsored by Durex or something unlike that? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

My Panasonic radio doesn't ever prompt me to do this and I've had it for a couple of years.

Don't DAB radios retune stations automatically by following the station name to a new designated frequency?

Reply to
Pamela

some presets have just come back all on their own .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...