Block paving

Hi Gents

Has anybody got any tips for working out how many blocks I will need for an irregular area?

Robbie

Reply to
Roberts

Much depends on you laying pattern, and whether your irregular area has nice straight edges...

Reply to
John Rumm

One way or another, you are going to have to estimate the area. Then divide by the area of a block surface, then add a small fudge factor for wastage.

Reply to
Tim Watts

From

Coverage Rates

area. It is wise to allow 5% wastage to allow for cuts and accidents. We 'round-up' to the nearest full pack of blocks or bricks, to ensure we have plenty. Surplus pavings can sometimes be returned to your supplier for partial rebate (a "re-stocking charge" of 10-20% is common)

Draw a scale plan on standard 80 gsm (1) paper, cut it out, weigh it.

Draw the plan on squared paper and count the squares.

(1) grammes per square metre. An A4 sheet should be 5 grammes.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon