Blanking plate for cylinder lock hole?

Just wondering, if I want to remove a cylinder lock from a door, has anyone come across some form of blanking gadget/gizmo fitting to fill the hole neatly? I know it could be done permanently with a lump of timber etc; but there's the rebate on the side of the door too; the requirement for redecorating and I was just wondering if something quick'n easy was available?

(FWIW its for a house I'll be renting out shortly, and which already has a 5-lever mortice lock: previous experience of being woken during the night by locked-out tenants has taught me that latches in tenanted properties are a Bad Idea...!)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Old spare lock, and gorrillate the bolt so that the door doesn't latch?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Might one of those chrome blanks as used to blank an uneeded sink/wash basin tap hole do it?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield