black gas fitters

Anybody seen the British gas advert where a rastafarian gas fitter is showing a wummin how her new boiler works....is this true to life....or the usual woke bullshit adverts we are suffering these days ? ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

A few months ago I posted about something similar to do with the failure rate of black students on an electricians course.

See it here:

Pamela

It's clever how you manage to combine racism AND sexism in so few words!

Reply to
Murmansk

Is reporting a true fact racism then?

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

No more than calling Tweedle Dum would be.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Why would anyone mention such a thing on here if not racist?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I was just going to ask what black gas was.

There is a very helpful black bald Virgin engineer around here who seems pretty competent, so why not gas.

Don't really get the question. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Racial agitators see racism everywhere.

Rather than understand why black students regularly score badly on academic tests and how they can do better, racial agitators prefer to cast insults for noticing this difference.

Reply to
Pamela

"... the usual woke bullshit adverts we are suffering these days ..."

So, just how severe is all this suffering? Perhaps, it's worse for racists?

Reply to
GB

Jim doesn't have enough to do.

Reply to
GB

don't know but there are metal filings found in the Scottish west coast gas supply but none are found in the east coast supply..

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

that will be it ....tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

So we have had 2 black apprentices.

The reason one did so badly at college was simple. He was as thick as f*ck. Never passed his Maths or English GCSE or whatever s**te they sit these days.

The other one was fine. Passed with flying colours.

Now I find it amusing when a customer tells me about which apprentice/electrician did the first fix, they have forgotten his name and try to describe him without using the word black. But they would have no problem using the words bald, old or overweight if if it was one of the experienced electricians that had done the work.

Reply to
ARW

The word "suffer" has more than one meaning.

One of them is that word is a synonym for "tolerate".

Reply to
JNugent

perhaps the east coast has gone over to plsstic distribution pipes

Reply to
charles

It isn't about race at all. It's about the media trying to brainwash us.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

If you'd done the work I wonder what words they would use to describe you? All I know is that words that have been used to describe me have not been flattering.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Didn't there used to be black iron gas pipe ?. Maybe that was for black gas.

In future we are going to have green gas and blue gas.

David Attenborough is presenting the Green Planet on BBC1 this week and the next 4. We have had Blue Planet, so that leaves Red Planet which I presume will have to be filmed on Mars :-)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Or their metal filings have turned to rust which I believe used to be a problem with the old gas pipes used for gas lighting ?.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

you could argue that "words fail me" is not unflattering :)

Reply to
Robin