Bl**dy Vodaphone

That depends of the tarrif you have with BT. On ours calls to geographic numbers are capped at 10p for up to an hour or 25p to mobiles. We are rarely on the phone for mre than 5 mins on any call and you can redial at 59mins anyway.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave Liquorice

I'd not recommend it, but try listening to a radio phone in program. It's immediately apparent who is using a mobile or land line.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

People don't even remember what proper landlines sound like half the time as so many people have bloody awful wireless landline phones which make the difference sound less.

Reply to
Scott M

Yes but we use VoIPfone and are OK with them..

Reply to
tony sayer

Not my experience ;!.. Might be the flat earth land here...

Reply to
tony sayer

Some of the original analogue cordless were truly dreadful. DECT can be ok

- certainly far better than the average mobile quality.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris J Dixon saying something like:

I use System Scheduler from Splinterware - totally free and excellent for series reminders. For quick'ndirty one-offs, I use Elephant Memory, which came with a cover CD years ago.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Virgin (Pay by Direct Debit) and Three (Zero) have contract tariffs where there's no monthly fee, you just get billed for the calls you make. So they should never get disconnected. However the calls on them aren't cheap.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

I doubt they'd allow zero use for long.