Bit of luck.

And when I could insert DIP chips without damn nearly breaking the pins. And when a board had a CPU, some I/O chips and memory, and some of those 14-pin 5V logic chips. And none of these blasted proprietary logic chips they use these days.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Years ago I had one of them brick phones. I was working in the plantroom of an OAP home and had it with me. Someone rung me up and while we were chatting the fire alarm went off. The whole place was evacuated (wheelchairs etc) and the fire brigade came in force. After it was all over I got back to work and after a bit I got bored so I decided to ring my missus to tell her about the fire alarm going off. We had a bit of a laugh about it, then blow me down it went off again. I said to the missus blimey it's gone off again. The whole place was evacuated again and the fire brigade came back. They were a bit pissed off this time. The penny having dropped I hid the phone behind some boxes until they'd gone.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

My boss had a car in the early days of computer management in cars and the car used to cut out whenever he used the two way radio. fixed by shifting the aerial position on the car.

Reply to
F Murtz

Comparatively recently a train Passenger Information System (scrolling text display) was found randomly to produce gibberish. Eventually someone realised that it only happened in certain lighting conditions.

After much head scratching and investigation, it was found that, due to some pretty shoddy programming by the supplier, the ambient light detector was able to cause the wrong memory addresses to be read.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

The walkie talkies favoured by film and TV location types can zap most things on transmit if close enough.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wait until they start using DMR instead of analogue. Rather than one pulse when you press the PTT you get lots and lots of them :-)

I was using 5W erp of UHF DMR from a handset in a room with very nice LED ceiling tiles. They pulsed on and off in a very sickening way.

Reply to
Bill