Bib taps with upstands for 40mm worktop

I want to buy some taps like this, to go over a Belfast sink.

they only have a 50mm threaded tail that goes through the worktop, and my worktop is 40mm. So I don't reckon that's ling enough to fit the nut, and the tap fitting. Does anyone know of similar taps with longer threaded tails? To operate at mains pressure, obviously.

Thanks Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

If you drill about 15mm through the worktop from underneath with a holesaw slightly larger than the nut, then break out the hole, 50mm will be plenty.

auctions

Thanks. I'd imagine that it would be a tw@t to get the bottom of the hole flat so the tap sits straight. Might also have been easier to do it before boring the tap hole, so that the boring tool had something for the centre guide to locate into. I'll certainly consider it if I can't locate taps. There must be taps in a traditional style designed to go onto a 40mm worktop. I can't use a mixer tap, by the way, as the holes are already there ...

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Is the worktop already fitted? No chance of doing a nice job of rebating it with a router?

Reply to
John Stumbles

It's semi-fitted and would come off again.

I'd still prefer to find suitable taps if I can ;-)

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Traditionally, bibcocks are fitted to a wall 'plate' rather than to a worktop.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Really? Damn.

Regards Richard