Hot water pressure for kitchen mixer

I have been looking through archives, found a few posts on similar subject, but can't find definitive answer.
Is there any way to increase the pressure on the hot supply to kitchen tap? As far as I can work out, you can't fit a pump if you are using a mixer tap and mains for the cold. Presume it is something to do with possibly contaminating mains.
I can't find a low pressure mixer tap that will fit the space (hole is very close to splashback, and can't move it as it is Corian intergrated sink and worktop.) I have looked at every tap in the Universe, and have found one that works in the space....but it is high pressure, and my hot is gravity fed.
So....questions are: 1. Is it correct that there isn't a pump solution suitable for kitchen mixer (ie mixing with mains)? 2. Could I put in an instant water heater under the sink that feeds from cold mains and gives decent pressure? (This might be great solution, as my hot is long way away so tap has to run for ages before it arrives) 3. How does pressure on unvented instant mains fed water heater work? Does it get reduced? If so, how many bars does it supply? Or does it get pumped? If it is pumped, I'm back to square one, can't fix to mixer.
Thanks for help Sarah

1) I am not an expert, but as long as there is a non return valve on the cold feed to the tap, I would have thought it would be acceptable to pump the hot water.
2) Yes, there are various solutions you could use.
3) The pressure would be more or less the same as the incoming cold feed - it would be the flow rate that would be restricted slightly I would have thought.
Steve

Provided you are using a "kitchen" mixer, which keeps the hot and cold streams separate until they leave the nozzle, and doesn;'t mix them within the tap, I can't see any reason why you couldn't pump the hot.
Owain
On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 03:08:05 -0800, spuorgelgoog wrote:

All mixers sold as kitchen mixers /should/ be like that.