Better start stocking up

"Plans to phase out the traditional lightbulb by 2011 have been announced by Environment Secretary Hilary Benn. "

Reply to
Huge

Hopefully plans to phase out the environment secretary have been announced by the electorate.

Reply to
John Rumm

100W bulbs are to go by January 2009!!
Reply to
Bob Mannix

I wouldn't bank on it. If GB calls a snap election, I suspect he'll win, even if he died of excitement first.

Reply to
Huge

They could introduce it region by region, to compensate for all the digital telly boxes which will be switched on...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They announced similar plans in Australia a few months back, and that's a Conservative government.

you really think that a party led by someone who thinks that a wind turbine on a London house is a major contribution to saving the planet is likely to do anything different? (academic question I think)

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Skipweasel

something. They still have Kvintol on display and the display model was=20 fitted with a golf-ball sized CFL. They only had coloured left in stock,=20 but usually have white - =A37 a pair. The name of the range of bulbs is on the tip of my tongue...

--=20 Skipweasel. Never knowingly understood.

Reply to
Skipweasel

oo) that will fit all of

Sparsam

Reply to
unopened

You might sneer, but Benn (the elder) might be being put forward as parlimentary candidate for, I think, Kensington, it was announced tonight

Reply to
geoff