Gloves

Given my alter ego as a close up sleight of hand magician, I have to look after my hands as much as possible - not always easy when handyman-ing.

Bought a pair of these 2 weeks ago

great!! I've never found it practical or comfortable working in gloves before, but these I wear all day. You retain the necessary dexterity to hold screws, nails etc but protect the hands.

I've found that it is the backs of my hands and thumbs that got scratched & cut. Two weeks on and not a mark on either hand.

Not cheap at about £12 but worth every penny to me.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> Absolutely great!! I've never found it practical or comfortable

cut the top finger pockets off...Personally the only time I hurt my hand is when I'm using the bloody bolster chisle.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Stuart

Idiot, you only snag your forefingers and thumbs with screws and nails. These things are cut offs. So what damage were you managing to do prior to discovering them?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

FFS, why is he an idiot? He's used the gloves, they save his hands, so they work for him. End of story.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Mr Weatherlawyer has a habit of calling people idiots if they're not in his perfect world.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

They look as though they would be good paintball gloves.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in news:CReTf.38439$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

He's not your bruvver, is he?

mike

Reply to
mike

If he is me father didn't tell me.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Isn't there a dual carriageway you could go and play on somewhere? You contribute less useful material to this group than Drivel.

Reply to
John Rumm

Do I really? There was me thinking otherwise. I must have been mistaken. I shall immediately tell the snagging fairy to avoid the areas currently being snagged and concentrate on the forefingers and thumbs.

I'll type this slowly so you can understand. There is a clue in the phrase "I've found that it is the backs of my hands and thumbs that got scratched & cut". Subtle I know, but the clue is there if you pay attention.

You can see why they don't let cousins marry can't you?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Actually cousins are allowed to marry in the UK. However it's probably not a good idea:

Rob Morley

not a job.

How the hell do you scratch the back of your hands using nails and screws I wonder?

Please don't anyone tell me! I'm sure I'd rather not know. It's nearly bedtime.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

are pretty good. Much tougher than the flimsy cheapies you get at garden centres which fall apart as soon as you look at them, and nice and soft so you can do reasonably fine work in them.

Reply to
John Stumbles