Best water softener manufacturers?

This is for someone in a 5 bed house, 3 kids, 1 power shower, 1 mixer shower, 1 bath and 3 toilets. He has been there a year and is sick the scale build up.

Cost not a problem, he wants the best and would rather pay £1500 for a good reliable brand rather than £750 for a pile of s**te.

Any recommendations as to the best brands? I have never had to use one as my water is very soft and we are only 15 miles apart

Adam

PS I read the FAQ and we will be putting the outside tap and the kitchen tap on non softened water (or maybe a 2nd cold tap in the kitchen)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

These things are mainly made from OEM components. The two key things are the valve mechanism and the resin cylinders.

One approach is based on timing the regeneration, the other is on metering water use.

I have a Kinetico softener that I've had for 20+ years. This has twin cylinders and metering. I've probably spent £50 on spare bits and pieces. At the time, it was the only one that worked in this way and has a continuous supply. Salt use is very low

There are several more suppliers of this technology now so if I was buying again I would look at alternatives using this technology.

Reply to
Andy Hall