Bathroom Tiles

I decoration is a personal thing but do you think that tiling a bathroom in all white tiles (30cm x 60cm) with dark grey, near black floor tile would look ok? It's only a small bathroom, about 7ft sq. I'm hesitant to put a mosaic tile trim around the edges because that looks a bit out of date. Thanks.

Reply to
voyager1space

Same size bathroom, we went straight to black floor tiles without trim. Stagger the tiles like brickwork, don't do them like a spreadsheet.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Thanks. What did you do for the wall tiles?

Reply to
voyager1space

This one I did earlier, difficult to get a good image without a wide angle lense but may give you an idea.:

ss

Black and white is OK Your look will appear dated the moment your wife reads the next interior decoration magazine. So don't worry. Am I the only one who rather LIKED avocado?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yep, looks like spew to me.

Reply to
jeikppkywk

I'm pretty certain there was a lot of confusion at that time between avocado and pampas. I had a pampas bathroom in my first house, yet a number of visitors referred to the "avocado" suite in the bathroom.

FWIW I liked pampas as a colour. Not so much avocado, but it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. I've little doubt it became a dislike bandwagon for people to jump on...

Reply to
Jeff Layman

A lot of sunlight hits floors, making a black floor not so good. Also black is terrible for showing up dirt, and dirt does of course settle on floors mostly.

I misread it as 7 sq ft, was thinking that was a bit small :)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Both.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

except that all the bathrooms I see on Homes under the hammer post-refit seem to have a common theme. Strange grey floor and wall tiles mostly fitted like a spreadsheet

Reply to
Andrew

Ah, a £299 saturday morning 'special' bog at the BM's.

Some estate agents would say this is only suitable for the rental market. :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Most people don't know the difference between Avocado and Pampas Green (a more common 1970's colour).

Reply to
Andrew

A more serious problem is the size of the bath. Pampas green baths will be imperial size and getting a replacement imperial sized bath is less easy than the metric ones used now.

Reply to
Andrew

Always have a mottled coloured floor because it means any dust or 'contamination' will be less obvious.

Reply to
Andrew

The colour I didnt like was shit brown

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I believe my original shitty light brown bathroom suite colour was called Champagne

Reply to
alan_m

That's was the problem I had. The original bath was fitted first and then a cupboard was build at the end of the bath. After a lot of searching the easiest option in the end was to dismantle and reconstruct the cupboard to gain a few more centimeters to fit a new bath.

Reply to
alan_m