Advice needed on choosing and mixing tiles

I know anything to do with decoration is a personal thing but I am asking f or opinions from people who made a choice of tiles I am about to make.

About the only wall/floor tile at a realistic price that appeals to me is o ne that mimics a grey stone with small fossils, with a matt finish. The bat hroom this is going in has two good sized windows and will have 4 LED light s (low output). I am concerned the grey will look a bit dark, even though I like the look of the tiles. Has anyone installed grey "stone effect" floor and wall tiles?

An alternative would be to put the grey tile on the floor and a lighter til e from the same range on the wall (I haven't got a sample of that yet). Has anyone put a darker tile on the floor? Did you like the effect or wish you had stuck with one tile colour throughout?

Thanks,

Clive

Reply to
clive.r.long

Not yet ...

Kitchen has light 12" floor tiles with 2" dark border inset around perimeter and dark 6" wall tiles.

Already bought same tiles for bathroom but with dark 12" floor tiles and light 6" wall tiles with dark 2" border at dado height, however my floor area is relatively small.

Reply to
Andy Burns

for opinions from people who made a choice of tiles I am about to make.

one that mimics a grey stone with small fossils, with a matt finish. The b athroom this is going in has two good sized windows and will have 4 LED lig hts (low output). I am concerned the grey will look a bit dark, even though I like the look of the tiles. Has anyone installed grey "stone effect" flo or and wall tiles?

ile from the same range on the wall (I haven't got a sample of that yet).

h you had stuck with one tile colour throughout?

Yes, and I don't really see a problem either way. I'd be hesitant to put gr ey tiles in a bathroom though. In a bathroom you want it bright, so light t iles. It also feels more closed in with grey tiles IMHO. But it's all down to what you like in the end. If I didn't find anything I liked I'd want to stall - you're going to live with the result for decades. A few months of w ait is small by comparison. Don't rule out buying from abroad.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I put dark slate effect tiles on the floor, a row of black tiles at the bottom and white in the same pattern on the walls:

DJC