Shower tray - laying mosaic tiles

I have just installed a rectangular Wedi shower tray

for those not in the know) and am about ready to tile it with white ceramic mosaic tiles. I`ve done one before with large tiles and you basically have to cut the tiles so there is a line from all four corners to the small square drain in the middle. This is so the tiles don`t 'bridge' the valley from all four corners to the drain and potentially break if stood on. The mosaic tiles are 4.5cm by 4.5cm and appear to be small enough not to need a line cutting from each corner to the drain in the middle. If so this will make the job a hell of a lot easier. Has anyone else had experience with tiling a shower tray with mosaic tiles and what did you do?

Also, the tile adhesive I`m using (Dunlop waterproof ready mixed) doesn`t recommend using it for the floor tiles. Why is this?, should I be using a cement based adhesive for the shower floor? The Wedi tray itself has a cement based surface so I presume the bond would be better? Steve

Reply to
Steve

Just built a wetroom myself and the mosaic tiles were simply laid ontop of my aquadec using normal tiling practices. I actually got a mate of mine to do the tiling for me this time due to time constraints but he suggested I use mosaics for the very reason you mention above. Awesome job the tiles simply follow the built in falls of the tray.

HTH

Cheers

Richard

Reply to