Basin waste trap.

My new basin is a different depth from the old one. Waste pipe is Terrain and exits through the wall, so not easy to alter, height wise.

Screwfix do adjustable traps - but don't say what the range of adjustment is. Anyone know?

Luckily, the new basin has the waste exit higher than the old, so I can extend the existing waste pipe upwards - but would mean a few elbows.

Or is it possible to extend the basin waste down to the trap at the original position?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Yes, there are waste extension pieces but I haven't bought one for 20 years or so - I'm sure google will be your friend

Reply to
nothanks

If it isn't visible, get a "jollyflex" (they are ugly...), i.e.

Jollyflex 1 1/4 Inch Flexible Waste Pipe

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Last time I fitted a new basin, I chose to use a HepVO "trap". In fact, I fitted two basins, one with the HepVO vertically below the basin, the other with a 90 degree just below the basin and the HepVO horizontally. Gave lots of flexibility about how to route the rest of the waste pipe. I used HepFLex and solvent welded connectors.

For my purposes, they were brilliant.

They (or similar) might or might not work for your purposes. But I know that I would do exactly the same again, if circumstances arose that I needed to.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

The adjustable ones usually have at least 70mm of adjustment, but there is a choice, and P traps have a wider adjustment commonly. Search for 'telescopic traps'. If you really need a larger adjustment than the standard adjustable one then you can use:

and as long a pipe as you want into a standard trap.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

My basin, bath and sink all use HepVO or equivalent and they are all outside. The don't freeze up and having just pipework inside leaves more space for adjusting pipe runs. Might need to shield the trap from sunligh, as its polyprop. and don't use drain cleaner. The sink used to get a biofilm growing up from the trap. Happened in warm weather, got a bit smelly and needed a small bottle brush and bleach 3 or 4 times a year. Now I might give it a brush once a year, at the end of summer, just for luck.

Reply to
PeterC