Basin waste outlet too high!

Hello all, I have nearly finished my bathroom renovation.

I'm fitting a basin on pedestal but find that the outlet pipe in the wall is actually higher than the trap outlet! It's nearly has high as the basin waste outlet!

Not sure how to solve this as any pipe used will be an effective extension of the trap. I could drill new hole in the wall - is there another way?

It seems every job I do is made much more difficult by previous work undertaken in the house. I reckon the last time the bathroom was touched was 1974 - judging by The Sun newspaper lodged behind one of the skirting boards!

Reply to
Oddjob