HepV0 - how to attach to basin waste??

Got a HepV0 waste thing to plumb a cloakroom basin into WC soil pipe via a strap boss and associated 32mm pipe run etc.

Been looking today at the basin (small corner one & space tight) ansd looking at the HepV0 installation instructions on their www site - they show one installation scenario that looks promising where the HepV0 thing is mounted further down the 32mm pipe run so freeing up the undersink area quite a lot -

thing is - how do you start the 32mm run from the basin waste without using a trap?? - my waste is 38mm - is there a connector to just attach vanilla 32mm pipe to that? if not what else can I use to start it off??

thanks in advance

Jim

Reply to
jim

The ones I have used are all directly attached to the basin/bath plug hole - but have a look here (scroll down):

Reply to
Rod

If you just want to save space, how about a pedestal trap?

Steve Walker

presume you mean the HepV0 knuckle adaptor and in line adaptors? mmmm they appear to connect directly between the HepV0 and the basin waste - what would suit me best is the remote mounting of the HepV0 (in the straight run around the corner from the basin) so the adaptors would seem to leave me still with the prob of connecting to the 38mm basin waste initially (into 32mm pipe)...

Unless the HepV0 knuckle adaptor can be "made" to connect to 32mm pipe instead of the HepV0?? anyone??

thanks jim

Reply to
jim

hi - bit more than space sadly! - need the self sealing properties of the HepV0 thing to enable me to connect straight into 110mm waste straight after a WC and still avoid any siphonage and resulting appalling smells etcetc

thanks jim

Reply to
jim

You need a HepVo with the running adaptor, and a 32mm waste to pipe connector. They do exist (I have some) but I can't find them online. I get them from the local plumbers' merchant. It's a female screw thread one end to go onto the basin, and a solvent or push fit socket the other.

auctions

are these the flexi type things like:-

make details on yours ? cheers jim

Reply to
jim

No - it's this kind of thing -

(or the equivalent in pushfit). I think it's the same as BES item

11867
but it's a bit difficult to tell from their pictures.

The socket on the bottom takes 32mm pipe, so you can plumb it however you need to to get to the hepVo. The most compact way is probably to use a swivel bend

The running adaptor for the hepVo also connects to 32mm pipe.

auctions

-

(or the equivalent in pushfit). I think it's the same as BES item

many thanks Jim

Reply to
jim