Toilet Waste and Shower problem

I have just bought a house where the previous owner has left a half finished downstairs shower room. I wish to finish the job. However, the soil pipe run does not have enough drop on it. I was thinking of raising the floor (on 6x2's) to allow for enough drop on the soil waste pipe.

I also need to connect the basin and shower waste to the same soil waste pipe and I see you can buy strap on bosses for this.

Does the basin and shower boss have to enter at the top of of the 110mm soil pipe (to avoid any back flow from WC) or can they connect on the side?

If they have to enter on top I may have raise the shower even higher to get enough drop on the shower waste.

I know a macerator will solve these problems but i'm trying to avoid that option if at all possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

MTIA

Reply to
DW

I went through exactly the same thing when building our en-suite. It seems that while it is possible to position the boss at the side, it is not a good idea. There's just too much chance of ickyness in case of a blocked soil pipe.

In the end, I put mine in through the top. This meant I had to raise the floor by a total of 14", which is just about right for 2 steps up.

Very wise.

Reply to
Grunff

If possible run it outside then go into the vertical soil pipe at the side

Reply to
Vass

Same problem in my last house in bathroom after rearanging the suit, I just ran the pipes outside and "bossed" ontop the soil pipe.

Reply to
Ian_m