Barnsley council on top form

Next door neighbours toilet will not fill up.

So they called the council who told them "flush the toilet with a bucket of water for now and we will get someone out to you on Monday in normal working hours, it is not an emergency".

Well done Barnsley council.

Reply to
ARW

Seems reasonable to me!

Reply to
Broadback

Yes one might have e expected that this was what they were doing already. However its the cuts you see. It will cost more for out of hours services. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I was also wondering if they were perhaps in a wheelchair or otherwise incapacitated. It took me a fair time to convince my council that a blind person needs help with putting bins out since they throw them about and I'd never be able to find them. They call it assisted collection, but it still fails sometimes. if we still lived in a community spirited world of course your neighbours, finding you wheelie up the street would return it but that, sadly does not happen any more and self homing wheelie bins do not it seems exist. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

+1 (unless the neighbours are unable to carry & lift a bucket)
Reply to
Robin

It's not cuts, it is sound economic sense. If you owned your own home would you pay Sunday rates for a plumber or just use a bucket to flush for 24 hours?

Reply to
ARW

Both young and physically fit, just unable for some reason to be able to get a job....

Reply to
ARW

It's better to poor the water into the cistern if you can get the lid off.

Reply to
Max Demian

They are a bit thick. They are more likely to piss into the bucket I lent them and when it is full then pour it into the toilet.

Reply to
ARW

That might explain why nobody will employ them?

Reply to
GB

He would make a good labourer or light infantry soldier.

She is good at having babies.

Reply to
ARW

Up to £60k 'expenses' for having a surrogate baby, according to the newspaper a couple of day ago, and £20k is considered absolutely standard. She could make a pretty good living.

Reply to
GB

:-))

Not quite the minimum wage if calculating all 40 weeks on a per hour charge.

But as it is only "expenses" she gets paid for and the baby is passed away as sundries on the final bill you are correct, she could make a good living.

Reply to
ARW

And he was asleep during GCSE Biology?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Just wait until they bring it back and ask you to swap it as its full.

Reply to
dennis

I'd just fix it myself ;)

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I think that is was during that exam he got her pregnant.

Reply to
ARW

Ah, the practical session!

SteveW