Banggood any good ?

no, as questions go it's too daft.

output way below spec. They were LEDs!

Reply to
tabbypurr

You mean you can't answer it so you mark it as too daft. I hope our students don't do that in their exams.

How did you know they were below spec. ? How did you measure their output and where did yuo get the spec from ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

I know I'll not get an answer that explains it.

If you read all of this post, you first say you didn't buy them because they were far from the claimed spec.

In your next post you said you did buy them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No I mean the question is moronic. It's not as if there's a pile of answer options.

See if you can figure it out. So far you've not worked out the obvious.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I did not. You could always try listing the ways I could know they weren't to spec. Hint: the list will be rather short.

Reply to
tabbypurr

There's quite a few possible answers. from current & voltage specs to colour, to life span, to fragility. A friend wanted some LED panels for his green house he bought a dozen, he was pleased for the first week then by the end of the month 20% of them had failed, they had burnt out some of the others the plastic had gone a brownish colour and starded to smell of buring plastic even when off.

I've no idea in your world, but in my world I'd expect the LEDs to work as specified. I;d even expect the anode and cathode leads to be off differnt lenghts and that they;d be a flat on the body indocating the cathode, I;d expect those 'legs' to be made of a reasnable quality copper and not some cheap alloy that snapped when bent.

I have standards too.

I don't want my drinking alcohol mixed with ethanol. I don't want my beer watered down, camden palace used to do that back in the 80s. I expect clean pipes for draught beers, I like clean glasses too I'd also like clean toilets. Standards and specs are similar in that way and if my expectations aren't reach I don't buy or use the product.

Reply to
whisky-dave

your question was how I knew, not what their shortcoming was (which you already know)

Those of us that have bought direct from China will be mildly amused by that

the LEDs in question did not have leads.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Then how did you know, you claimed they were out of spec. The spec should be part of the product listing. If they state that these LEDs will only last one week then that is their spec. so they won;t be out of spec if the only last one week, if they claim they last 50k hours and they only last one week then they are out of spec. It's that simple.

So you know they are crap before buying them direct from china, what's the point ?

Of course it depends where you actually buy them from supplier wise, there good reasonable and poor suppliers in china.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I'll give you a hint, I know your brain's out of spec by reading your rubbish.

Reply to
tabbypurr

No it's because you haven't a clue what you're talking about that's pretty clear. You say the LEDs are out of spec but donlt even know what spec they are do you.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Interesting the way Mr Purr goes all round the houses rather than answer the rather simple question about how he could be sure they don't meet their spec without actually trying one?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

By reading others that tested them, others whose expertise and reliability is trustworthy. If you 2 can't figure that out you need to take your brains back for a refund.

Reply to
tabbypurr

There now - wasn't too difficult, was it? You could have saved yourself a lot of typing.

Most would probably realise that if something looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

that you were unable to work out even the obvious is outside of my expectations. How on earth else would I know they weren't to spec without buying them?

lots of things from China aren't. It's not always obvious at all. But do keep on bsing, it'll save you from ever facing your problem of enormous stupidity. Unlike Mr Whiskey, you do at least have some hope.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Given you tend to argue with just about everyone on here, and always know best yourself - I'm surprised you took other's word for it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you say you trust reviews, most people know that such reviews on the sites where you purchase items from can be suspect. This is why the OP asked about banggood because ..... But fiorst yuo;d have to know what the specs are which is sometime difficult to find as those specs are assumed rather than actual specs. As I said about banggood that we don;t normally order from them as delivery is not as fast as we'd like and some cheaper products just arent; worht the risk. I have students that want cheap arduinos I offer them ours at £15 and they ask why can't they have them for £8 as that;s the price on banggood and other sites. So I say we can get them for £8 for them if they want them, just place them on the order form and they'll be here in 1-5 weeks, then they ask me to get them on next day delivery !. even the chinese studetns seem to forget just how far china is from Mile End. Coupled with the FACT that generally much cheaper components are cheaper because they don;t meet spec. I learnt this when my dad used to bring home large bags of broken biscuits that he bought really cheaply.

you can't even spell my NG ID correctly.

Then again you still haven't said exactly what was out of spec of the devices that you didn't buy, there;s nothing wrong with buyying out of spec devices provided you know how they are out of spec. But it's something you don't seem to know, which is why it took you so long to come up with your claim that someome else (other than the supplier) had to explain why they were out of spec to you.

It is NOT obvious to me why anyone would buy out of spec devices without knowing how they differ from the specs given.

My dad knew because the label said broken biscuits 3 packs for the price on 1 or whatever the deal was.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Someone buy this guy a brain. Please.

snip

Reply to
tabbypurr

You selling yours, mint condition never been used ?

Reply to
whisky-dave