Bales catch size

Very quick Q:

For a (say) 19mm Bales catch such as

does the 19mm refer to the diameter of the ball, or the width of the plate?

Reply to
Scion

dont thunk i've seen one with a 19mm ball ever.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

- would imply that it is the depth of the ball recessed into the door. (19mm = D)

Reply to
larkim

larkim put finger to keyboard:

Thanks for the link. I looked at Screwfix and Toolsatan and neither gave dimensions.

Reply to
Scion

I believe it is the diameter of the tube/hole you have to drill to fit it.

Reply to
harry

harry put finger to keyboard:

Hmmm. Think I'll pop into Homebase to measure up, then go to Screwfix to buy.

Reply to
Scion