surface mount - kitchen unit hinges

Has anyone come across a surface mount version of the type of hinges commonly used on kitchen units please? I need an hinge which 'throws' a door out and clear of the carcass, as it opens.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Is the one on the bottom what you are looking for, I am sure I have seen similar in B&Q.

The standard Blum type hinge is easy to fit with 35mm cutters readily available, you just need a pillar drill or a pillar drill accessory for a normal power drill.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Why does it need to be surface mounted rather than recessed into a 35mm hole like the standard hinges?

Reply to
Roger Mills

The one at the bottom is the one I originally used and which turned out to be not of adequate strength. The pressed metal tore after a few years.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The panels are a touch thiner than a kitchen carcass, so the holes would be all the way through.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I did get some a few years ago that work the same as the recessed ones but have a plate at each end with four screw holes in each plate for surface mo unting. and have just found them at screwfix.

Trevor Smith

If I wanted something like that, I'd have a look at Blum's catalogue.

polygonum