Water supply to polytunnel

Firstly I'm in Scotland so water metering is not a consideration. I've considered using rainwater recycling for the tunnel, but will be faced with a soakaway to cope with the winter rains so I see no point in putting in a tank and a soakaway.

To get at a mains supply is going to be awkward, but if my memory of the bathroom underfloor configuration is correct, not impossible.

What I need guidance on is what sort of piping to use. The run to the tunnel will be about 10m underground from the house wall - there is I think a suitable hole under the wall of the house (it's a stone cottage, 3ft thick walls and no founds) which will give access under the bathroom where there is a mains supply. I can just squeeze into part of that area under the bathroom floor, but will need a pipe with maximum flexibility to get it through the hole under the wall, under the bathroom and then back up under the sink where there is mains.

Many thanks for any help - all the plumbing I have done in the past is in copper and I've never used plastic. It's probably ideal for this situation but can I use just one type of pipe for the whole run?

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

20mm MDPE pipe all the way. 50m reel from Screwfix is £28
you are connecting to 15mm copper in the house, you will need something like this
possibly this to T into an existing copper pipe
this if you want to use compression
will need a shot piece of copper or plastic (with inserts) 15 mm pipe to go between the T and the MDPE adaptor

I suggest you also fit an isolation valve under the sink so you can isolate it.

Use a full bore one with a handle like this

the far end, if you want to just fir a bib tap, then youy need a wall plate like this
the bib tap

Toby

Many thanks Toby - I couldn't have asked for a more fulsome reply. I've got some MDPE blue pipe but can't remember (at 11pm) what diameter it is - one thing that does concern me is that it is not that flexible, so let's hope it's the larger diameter stuff and that the

20mm is easier to work with.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham