Balanced flue terminal safety cage

I need to fit a "balanced flue terminal safety cage" i.e. a wire mesh cover to go over the exhaust outlet from my CH gas boiler.

Any recommendations please for a source of same in the South Manchester/Cheshire area or web-based?

Reply to
Euan Kerr

I'm *fairly* sure I saw one in the Macclesfield Wickes last week... put it this way, I *definitely* saw one somewhere, and I *think* it was there! Worth a phone call, anyway?

David

Reply to
Lobster

"Lobster" wrote in news:uyqqd.3224$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net:

You were not wrong David, but unfortunately they are the wrong shape, round, not rectangular, and way too small. I'm in need of one 420 x 500 mm wall footprint by 250mm projection from the wall. A bit like a supermarket basket... ...maybe we need to visit Tescos...

Any other suggestions?

Reply to
Euan Kerr

The round ones are for fan-assisted flues, which are much smaller than non-fan flues.

As a matter of interest, how much are they? Somewhat OT, I know - but it occurs to me that they might be just the thing to put round LV halogen downlighters to keep loft insulation away from the lamps.

Reply to
Set Square

I bought wire mesh from B&Q then bent it into the shape needed and bolted it to the wall.

Reply to
Mike