avery labels

What dave wants is this

was on the page I posted and is free.

You can put text, pictures, barcodes, dates, counts, etc. on without any problems.

Reply to
dennis

OO Writer has Labels but the predefined labels are not too obvious and some of the formats of sheets are a bit confusing, e.g. "A4/Asia".

Reply to
PeterC

Then don't select Avery A4/Asia then! 'Avery A4' looks to be the logical choice for those not in Asia, but (IMHO) like all things remotely like MS Office it is still a pile of pants compared to Word Perfect 6.1 from 1994 that still handles the vast majority of Avery labels available today in a totally effortless manner.

Am I the only person on the planet still using the likes of Wordperfect 6.1 and Lotus 123 v 5 alongside modern 'equivalents'

Reply to
The Other Mike

Agreed - for as long as I remember, both for individual labels and bulk mailing.

Tip: For individual labels start from the last label and work backwards otherwise the paper loses its stiffness and might have problems feeding.

Reply to
AnthonyL

I used to like WordPerfect back in the days of DOS and VMS versions, I did once buy a Windows version, but this was jsut when M$ started to sweep the board with Office, eventually I gave up on Corel and for a few dark years I used Office97 and finally switched to OpenOffice ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I used to use it extensively for long an detailed technical documents back in the mid '90s. I seem to recall having a choice of the DOS version or the Windows one. The DOS one usually being the better choice since the PCs of the day were so slow at text updates under windows. Word at that time was feeble in comparison, and even now there are a number of things that are still much harder to do in word. (IIRC the MS legal department still uses WP!).

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks, I have printed that out for future reference, even though I don't use outlook or word.

Thanks for your reply

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Just found out I haven't got word back on my computer yet, as I did a format and re-install about 6 weeks ago. I'll put it back on over the weekend.

Thanks for the above

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thanks for the offer. I don't want to put you to any bother for the moment, so I'll put it on hold for now

Many thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

>> It was on the page I posted and is free.

Just the job Dennis, nice and basic.

thanks a lot

Dave

Reply to
Dave

WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS was so easy. It let you set up 'virtual pages' (labels) on a physical page (sheet).

Advantage was you could do multi-column/row tables inside each virtual page without them interfering with each other.

Most modern software seems to set up one table per page, or multiple text boxes, which I find rather fiddly and restrictive.

I had a pretty good blackjack game in WP5.1 too, written (not by me!) in macro.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Well, maybe I'm one of the few to have an up-to-date version of WordPerfect (I've used it since WP5.1 for DOS) AND an up-to-date version of MS Word (used it since it appeared) and a current version of Open Office on my hard disk. So being familiar with all of them and with long experience of all of them, which do I use from choice? WordPerfect, every time I have the choice. And labels are very much simpler, as far as I'm concerned, with WordPerfect.

Reply to
John MacLeod

Its still available for Linux too, buried somewhere..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There are, actually, two different sizes for A4 in SE Asia for some unknown reason

Reply to
geoff

Cheers. I didn't look at it much as I have little call for labels these days and those that I need are in Word. There is an Avery A4 option and that seems OK.

Reply to
PeterC