Attach drill bit to cordless screwdriver?

Can I get an attachment so my small cordless screwdriver (1/4 inch hexagonal socket) can hold a small drill bit (eg 2mm)?

Sometimes I want to drill a hole but don't really want to get out my large cordless drill.

Thanks Alex

(I know there are mini drill kits like a Dremel but I would rather use my cordless screwdriver.)

Reply to
Alex

Sir might need some of these...

?cId=A337786&ts=62317

Reply to
dom

Normal way would be to use drill bits with a hex end. I noticed them in B&Q the other day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 07:24:45 +0100, "R" mused:

No he doesn't. You can't fit a round shaft in a hex chuck.

Reply to
Lurch

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 06:03:48 +0100, Alex mused:

Lurch

Be careful of these, the bit is just glued into the hex portion so when it says "not for high torque applications" believe them. I have managed to "spin" the bits in the hex portions on two (admittedly cheepo) of these hex shanked bits.

Reply to
soup

Either get a small chuck with hex shaft:

a set of bits with hex shank.

Reply to
John Rumm

Either of those will get the bit into the codless tool, but codless screwdrivers can have low rpm for drilling. One way to greatly speed drilling up is to regrind the bits to steep cutting angles.

meow2222

a 2mm drill? Good luck. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Would buying a larger codpiece help improve your tool?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

No one said he could You can use them in between your fingers and twist to make the hole. Alternatively putting them in a chuck will speed up the process.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 20:00:49 +0100, "R" mused:

I assume English is not your first language?

Reply to
Lurch

Thank you too. This looks like what I am looking for.

Reply to
Alex

Well done mate. It looks just right. Thank you.

Reply to
Alex

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 22:29:44 +0100, Alex mused:

No problem. :)

Reply to
Lurch

Also try a search for 'screwdriver chuck' on Ebay.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I did exactly the same - and glued the drill bit back into the hex with polyurethane glue - still using it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes, I liked it as well, the postage cost is off putting though!

Reply to
Broadback

Thing to note with these is you won't get a good fit with a plug in chuck - it will wobble to some extent. Which will be a PITA for accuracy

- especially with smaller drill sizes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)