At auction this Friday

TW Gaze, of Diss.

Lot No: 7139 A Sinclair C5 (spares or repair) Estimate =C2=A350.00 - =C2=A380.00

Remote bids are possible.....

-- Davey.

Reply to
Davey

In article , Davey writes

I wonder if Clive ever got royalties when Citroen launched their C5?

Reply to
fred

I was somewhat surprised to see one of those going along the road less than a week ago.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Nightjar spake thus:

I saw a herd of them - must have been around 15 - tearing along a cycle track. Only about 3 years ago; they're quirky enough for enthusiasts to keep them going long after they should have gone to the great washing machine resting place in the sky.

Reply to
Scion

Tearing?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite. When I had a proper trike (2-wheel drive - could ride up an icy slope that stopped a Land Rover) I took great pleasure in overtaking a C5. I could also do 80 - 100 miles on a recharge.

Reply to
PeterC

I would rather drive a Sinclair C5 than a Citroen C5.

And that bloody Fiat I drove yesterday was the worst van I have ever driven. Only done 18,000 miles and the clutch was shagged.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I wonder why. I've had a C5 estate for a week under 10 years. It's a wonderful load carrier and the suspension makes Surrey's roads seem smooth.

That's usually caused by the driver.

Reply to
charles

I suspect he means 'tearing' - rhymes with 'fearing'

David

Reply to
Lobster

Dave Plowman (News) spake thus:

FSVO, natch.

Reply to
Scion

That's more down to the driver(s).

I've never worn out a clutch, in spite of always driving manuals, including having driven 3 cars around 150,000 miles each.

I recall talking with an owner of a taxi firm a long time ago, and his cars were getting through clutches in as little as 3 months, which was almost certainly down to the drivers.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The handbrake must have failed...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Sign on the back of a Fiat driving school car "Beware Sudden breaking

Reply to
hugh