Armchair Re-upholstery question

I have an old arm chair that I stripped back years ago and am just getting round to re-upholstering now. The issue is that I can't remember what padding was used on the back and my notes don't shed any light on the problem. The chair has a full sized cushion on the seat and back and I am 100% sure it wasn't a sprung back as I would have kept the springs.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly received! I can send a photo if that would be of help.

Anna

Reply to
Anna Graham

Wasnt horse hair used in years gone by.

Reply to
ss

These days much upholstery is done using foam padding, even if the original was horsehair.

Reply to
S Viemeister