Ariston AWD1200 UK not spining

Hi all

our 4 year old ariston AWD 1200 UK washer drier has packed up.

the drum is not spinning or rotating during wash cycle

I can hear the relays on the motor controller clicking to activate the motor. the drum and motor spin freely when moved by hand.

Can anyone help me with some ideas or a schematic / voltage readings from motor controller to motor?

Cheers

Phil

Reply to
Phil Cousins

Phil, Maybe it is just the motor brushes worn-out - you should be able to remove and inspect them and usually cheap and easy to replace.

Dave

Reply to
logized

Has the belt come off? That happened on my Hoover washer/dryer.

Reply to
kipper

Could be one of the wires from the controller board to the motor that has corroded through. This happened twice in four years to my ancient machine, but have been able to fix simply by stripping back the wire and gaffertaping it back into place.

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

gaffertaping

thanks everyone for the thoughts

I finally found the problem.

the Ariston has a motor control unit, we have had one replaced already. The connections on the side of the PCB had burned through. I have remade the connections but I see another replacment on the horizon.

Cheers

Phil

Reply to
Phil Cousins