Ariston A1636 washing machine overflows

Hi all, I've spent all weekend trying to work this one out, besides going through about a dozen towels in mopping up the kitchen floor. The machine in question is JUST outside of the 12 month warranty, which is even more gawling.The problem is that when it goes into a rinse cycle, you see the drum fill up as normal, with water. It then starts to drain, which at the same time, kicks in a mdeium spin cycle. At this point, water comes pouring out of the deteregent dispenser, litres of the stuff-it looks like most of the water that went in for the rinse just ends up on my kitchen floor! It happens at the same point in the cycle-looking inside the machine, there is a 3" rubber corrugated hose (similar to what you would see on the end of a car drive shaft) that connects to the drum. from the dispenser-it appears that the water is coming back up this hose, from the drum, and out of the detergent dispenser. I've tried everything-the only other thing that happens, that makes me suspicouse, is that when a full load is in,and the water for rinsing is fully loaded in the drum, is that there is a jerking motion from the drum-it's like there isn't enough power to turn it. This happens a few times and then away it goes-a a few turns later and out comes the water. I've put it through about 10 full wash cycles and the problem happens at the exact same time, every time Any pointers would be welcome before I call in the cavalry or ditch the damn thing :-)

Cheers

Sandy

Reply to
cabsandy

Is there a blockage in the powder drawer?

Maybe water is coming in to wash the fabric conditioner through and if it's blocked , that makes the water come out of the drawer ?

fray

Reply to
Fray Bentos

Fray, Nice name, by the way :-)

Nope-first thing I checked-and the water pours out, regardless of whether the drawer is in or out

Cheers

Sandy

Reply to
cabsandy

how about the drain pump. Is it pumping properly? Is it partially blocked ?

Maybe the machine is expecting less water to be in there when it spins?

Is there too much water in there ?

Just thoughts....

fray

Reply to
Fray Bentos

Fray, In terms of is there too much water, that is a good shout, but I'm not sure how much should be in there.At it fullest, with a full load, the water level is about a 1/3rd high in the door. Does this sound right?

Sandy

Reply to
cabsandy

I'm going at this as logical as I can.

I'm trying to figure out why your machine is splashing lots of water up out from the drum to the powder dispenser.

Thats why I figure maybe too much water, so maybe pump not pumping properly?

You say you ran it with the drawer out. Can you remove it fully in the middle of a wash and see if the water is coming from the drum?

Is there something trapped ( a sock?) between the drum and the outer?, maybe this is dragging the water up and out ?

scratching head now.

when the machine is pumping the water out, can you take the waste water pipe out and see how much is being pumped out ?

I have an older hotpoint, and the pump is quite powerful.

good luck

Reply to
Fray Bentos

Hi Sandy

I have the Ariston 1636 washing machine and have just had the same problem. I wanted to know if you were able to find out the solution. I have cleaned out the dispenser as per the advice from Fray and still have lots of water coming out of the dispenser. Did you solve the problem yourself or have to call out an engineer? If the engineer was called out, do you know what he did to fix the problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Sharika

Reply to
Sharika

Another AUPwit answering a post so old it has a pension and carer.

Reply to
Ericp