Are iphones particularly tough?

Those thia girls are quite amazing aren't they, or are we talking about a diffeernt video ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

A terminal velocity of 60 MPH is 6 times the speed (and 36 times the kinetic energy) compared to a fall from 3 feet. Most phones are designed to survive a 3 feet fall onto a hard surface, but dissipating 36 times as much energy is a big difference. The bushes may have helped break the fall?

Reply to
GB

What counts is G. I broke the screen on a phone dropping from less than three feet . Onto concrete

I've dropped it since in a case far more than that onto softer surfaces

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not what I was taught, there is no such thing as suction.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Mars bars?

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

There is no such thing as centrifugal force, but it is a convenient handle for the phenomenon.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Yeah, that's why we have a word for it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There is no such thing as force at all. Its all acceleration. If you want to be pedantic

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So why do we have blow jobs and not suck jobs if blow and suck are the same thing?

Reply to
mm0fmf

I dunno. Better ask yer boyfriend

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bloody tricky getting my Dyson into position exactly when and where my carpets start blowing. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You should stick to a Shark :-)

What happens is the cleaner fans pull air up into it and so reduce the pressure and the higher pressure around the outside of the cleaner forces the air in to it along with any dust etc. I was at school a long time ago and nobody questioned teachers then!

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

I did,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's why I mentioned the bushes. What counts is how far the phone travels whilst dissipating its kinetic energy, as well as the distribution of the force on impact. In the latter regard, falling on a corner is probably worse than falling on an edge, but that would depend on the phone's construction.

Reply to
GB

You are Marianne Faithful AICMFP!

Reply to
mm0fmf

Jeff Layman snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid wrote

Not necessarily with something as small as an iphone.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What about terminal velocity ? It would have hit the ground at only the same sort of speed and force, as chucking it out of a second floor window ?

It landed on soft ground too ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

terminal velocity estimated at 60mph.

indeed. and under trees as well

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

:-)

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Bravely! In response to the Chemistry master's question "how do we know it is water" after condensing the product from burning hydrogen in air. One spark piped up *suck it and see, sir*:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb