Aqualisa shower - can't turn it off

Did a very silly thing this afternoon. I've just tiled my shower enclosure and was trying to replace the backplate over the cartridge assembly without turning off the water. Anyway once I removed the four screws holding the temperature control in place, water started gushing everywhere. I ran to turn off the stopcock and when I returned the spindle that sits inside the cartrideg was hanging out.

I have tried to reseat the spindle (the white one with 2 'o' rings at one end and a reverse thread at the other end) and the temperature control lever. I can get everything back in but the flow of water cannot be stopped.

What is the trick/knack for getting the spindle and the temperature control lever back in place AND working.

The water is still running so please help!!!!

This link below is a blow up of the shower parts. My problem is the spindle inside number 8, attached to the black button at the front is no longer turning the water off, which is operated by the number 3!

Chas

Reply to
charlesward_totalise_co_uk

Also noticed there is a notch out of the end of the spindle where the two 'o' rings are. Does this have to be set in a particular direction to fit properly? e.g. upright, 90degrees etc.

Reply to
charlesward_totalise_co_uk

Sounds like it's broken. My Aqualisa had a similar fault - see

If you have the same kind of cartridge, and if you can see the white flow control spindle, then it's definitely broken.

In the pic, the black bit on the left is supposed to fit over the hole in the cartridge on the right. Look carefully at the cartridge on the right and you can see the black plastic has failed just inside the grey ring. There is only one solution - new cartridge; cost around £100 (unless your shower's still under warranty; mine wasn't).

HTH

Richard

Reply to
Richard Packer

Richard, Thanks for your reply but I have sorted it out. The spindle with the 2 'o' rings on it needs to be pushed home "firmly". I was being a bit of a wuss earlier and didn't want to break anything.

Can't see the failure on your picture but if I was you I wouldn't chuck it away because when your current one goes you'll be able to make a good one out of the two!

Reply to
charlesward_totalise_co_uk