Anyone think Screwfix have gone to the wall??

Look at his (?) user name and then at his email addy, says it all really....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Q Why is it always so easy to spot newbies to Usenet?

A A fancy name and a yahoo address...

Perhaps you should spend more time on pondering why things are done as they are here before jumping in with your 'acid wit'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
The Question Asker

How very selfish and anti-social you are. Still it proves the point that "upside downers" seldom have anything worthwhile to contribute.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

All the more reason to take guidance from those with more experience, then? After all, that seems to be your purpose for being here?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
The Question Asker

Asker" ever asks a question that one of the people he so readily insulted knows the answer to then it's doubtful he'll receive much assistance.

Myself personally I've merely set him to ignore so I no longer see any of his posts.

My 2 cents

Seri

Reply to
Seri

Well, I'm subscribed to 20 including a couple of non UK ones, and a few mail lists as well. And bottom posting is the convention on all. Thing is you *have to* if interweaving a reply - point by point - so it makes no sense to change how you do it for ones where you're not.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mainly ones dealing with MS products no doubt....

'nough said :~(

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

That is assuming that newbies bother to read up on 'Netiquette', seeing that most people don't bother with Etiquette anymore what chance Netiquette...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I would have to disagree. There are obviously groups who are full of the clueless, where more are upside down than average, but no-one with an ounce of common sense could suggest it is a policy except in some alt.anarchy type group.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I believe it's accepted practice in some Microsoft groups ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

QED.

Reply to
Huge

That says it all :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , ":::Jerry::::" writes

But then they shouldn't whinge when jumped on

Reply to
raden

You know that, I know that, most on this group know that, but the planks who whinge when jumped on don't think they are doing wrong and some don't care if they are !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

It was only meant to be a post on how Screwfix are doing, oh and if anyones interested a £800 order took over a week to arrive!!

Reply to
The Question Asker

Try many of the crafts or textiles groups. Also some of the social groups. In these one isn't looking for a string of debate but simple comment to a question.

Personally I'd all prefer we ALL use Lotus Notes then one could a) customise the display to suit our own tastes. b) reduce bandwidth to just the new comment

Reply to
Mike

Ah, that's the advantage of bottom-posting - long winded discussions that people can still follow. With top posting the thread would have died off ages ago :-)

Reply to
Mike