Window boards to go with PVCu double glazing

I need a window board (interior window sill) for a new PVCu double glazed window. What type of boards are recommended ? Are PVCu window boards OK, or are they easily scratched etc ? I have heard may use external cladding boards, but these would presumably be very square-edged. A softer profile (bullnoze etc) would be nicer. If wooden, where can you get nice profiled planks - I dont want MDF or roll-top kitchen worktop. TIA, Simon.

Reply to
Simon

Any decent timber yard will have softwood (and possibly hardwood) window board as a standard moulding in a variety of widths.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Reply to
The Question Asker